
Borkena
Toronto – Oromo Liberation Army (OLA) militants have killed three civilians in the latest string attack in Worejarso, Gohatsion area, according to residents from the area. The incident happened on Thursday between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m. – according to sources.
They also said that several homes have been burned and livestock were looted. The government has been urged to give the problem the attention it deserves.
An elderly man who claimed to have lost his home after it was reduced to ashes due to the attack is cited as saying “the ruthlessness we have witnessed is immense.”
Some of the residents said they managed to save their lives after they hid near a cliff in the area. Many of the residents are said to be in the jungle. Normally, the militant forces operate from the jungles in surrounding towns and cities. But in this case it appears residents abandoned the town as the gunmen took over it.
“One old man was killed after he was shot and another one was shot in the belly…,” the residents said.
1300 livestock were taken away.
The residents blame the government that it did not bother “to ask as to what happened, and defense force is not deployed.”
There had been several attacks and kidnappings of passengers near the Gohatsion area for at least three years now.
OLA extensively operates across the Oromia region of Ethiopia. Over the past few weeks there had been reports that the government withdrew defense force members from some parts of the Oromia region, for redeployment along the Ethio-Eritrea border, as was the case in the Amhara region.
__
Support Borkena : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/
Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena
Like borkena on Facebook
Borkena Ethiopian News Youtube Channel
To submit Press Release, send submission to info@borkena.com
Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory
Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly.