
Borkena
Toronto – Fano forces on Monday announced that they have “killed over 253 government forces and wounded 58 others” in what they called an offensive they launched on December 14 in North Amahra Zone Methema district.
Yohannes Nigussu, Public Relation of Amhara Fano National Force North Gonder division, told EMS eletawi that 85 government soldiers were captured.
From what he said, government forces were fighting from a fortified deep trenches in Shaha Kebele of the district.
He told the source that two regiments of government soldiers were annihilated.
Furthermore, Nigussu said that the offensive was jointly planned by four divisions of Belay Zeleke Command of the AFNF in North Gondar.
Remet Dejen, Gobe, Arbegnoch, Zerai , Tekezzie and Atanaw divisions jointly carried out what the spokesperson called offensive. “Three of the divisions were made to attack directly from front from 12 o’clock in the morning [6.a.m. local time] to 10 o’clock [4 p.m.]” he said.
Over 47 AK 47 and two Bren machine guns have been seized from the operation, according to the spokesperson.
Belay Zeleke Command of the AFNF has been undertaking organizational evaluation in recent weeks following the surrender of some Fano leaders. The military operations were conducted as the evaluation continued, according to Fano forces.
There are reports of casualties on the side of Fano as well including notable fighters, based on a picture widely shared on social media.
The Defense Force has not remarked about the lastest
Last week, the Ethiopian Defense Force claimed that it had killed “over 200 extremists” in about a week including in the part of the Amhara region where Fano forces claimed a significant military gain on Sunday.
Both claims were not independently verified.
The Defense Force and government affiliated activists continue to report that “more fano forces are surrendering.” Fano forces dismiss it as a “false propaganda.”
__
Support Borkena : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/
Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena
Like borkena on Facebook
Borkena Ethiopian News Youtube Channel
To submit Press Release, send submission to info@borkena.com
Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory
Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly.
It has been just customary during these few years to see the leaders of this group and the government trying to persuade people they have the upper hand over the other. Whenever the government claims that it has killed so and so number of the rebel soldiers then both Fano and Shene would encounter that with higher numbers of kills. One starts with setting up the punch line and the other one finishes up the theatrics. But it not funny for the gullible youth and their wailing mothers, above all for the future of the country. There is nothing funny or to be jubilant about it. Senseless and bloody conflicts never come and go without leaving poisonous residue behind. The country will be left with overwhelming number conflicted of ex fighters and would be almost impossible for the country to rebuild itself. Just look at the DR Congo, Somalia, South Sudan, Afghanistan, certain Western African and Central American countries except Costa Rica. That is why I despise those of among the Diaspora who have been beating the drums of war and pouring gasoline on smoldering fracas from your comfy and safe homes. You send your children and grandchildren to schools and dance classes here, but you incite the gullible youth in the old country to march into awaiting infernos. You must be ashamed of yourself.
Make that:
The country will be left with overwhelming number of ex fighters with disturbing and destructively conflicted character it and would be almost impossible or will take generations for the country to rebuild itself.