
Borkena
Toronto – Tadesse Worede led Tigray Administration is taking the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) side on the recent development along the Afar-Tigray boundary.
His administration alleged, like the TPLF, that its regional boundary was violated.
The statement came a day after the TPLF released a statement denying allegations, from Afar region, that its fighters crossed the border to the region and controlled six kebeles in Megal district.
Tadesse Worede’s Administration denies that there was no violation of Afar boundaries from the Tigray side.
It also reiterated that there have been developments that offset the security and political situation in the region in recent times. His administration also said these developments will harm the Pretoria Agreement as well.
While it made allegations that there have been actions to create a fertile condition for armed groups to organize in the Afar region with a goal to create inter-Tigray conflict ,it did not specify as to what entity is behind such a move.
His administration has been blaming the Federal over lacking commitment to fully implement the Pretoria Agreement which was supposed to end the bloody war between the TPLF and the Federal government.
There have been fears in the Tigray region that war would break out again. The Defense Force, TPLF claims, carried out a drone strike against Tigray forces on the night of Thursday after Afar regional state reported that TPLF fighters crossed the boundaries and controlled six villages.
The region alleged that the TPLF forces deployed heavy weaponry including Zu 23 and Mortars targeting pastoralist communities in the Afar side of the boundaries between the two regions. TPLF denied. However, other sources indicate as many as 2000 civilians were displaced following the latest alleged incursion.
On the other hand, the Tigray Interim Administration alleges the armed group organizing within the Afar region ( it calls itself Tigray Peace Force) repeatedly crossed the boundaries to Tigray from Abala and Koneba directions.
“The entity that is causing the problem has emerged as the accuser,” Tadesse Worede said, making counter-accusation against the Afar regional state of Ethiopia – one of the regions that was devastated during the 2020-2022 war.
Meanwhile, the Federal government has remarked on the counter allegations from Afar and Tigray regions. However, Defense Chief of Staff Field Marshal Berhanu Jula last week warned that action will be taken as the “TPLF is violating the Pretoria Agreement.”
On Friday, the TPLF, which has formed a military alliance with Eritrea, wrote a letter to the African Union saying the Federal government “carried out drone attacks against its forces.” It stated there were casualties but did not specify them.
__
Support Borkena : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/
Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena
Like borkena on Facebook
Borkena Ethiopian News Youtube Channel
To submit Press Release, send submission to info@borkena.com
Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory
Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly.