HomeNewsEthiopian Defense Force Claims It Has "Killed 472 Extremists" In Amhara Region

Ethiopian Defense Force Claims It Has “Killed 472 Extremists” In Amhara Region

Ethiopian Defense Force
Picture the Ethiopian Defense Force shared on its social media page along with the statement.

Borkena

Toronto –  In the latest string of claims, the Ethiopian Defense Force is saying that “it has killed 472 extremists” in the South Gondar and Gojjam area of the Amhara region.  302 are wounded and four captured. 

In a statement shared on its social media  on Sunday, it said ” Our troops who are on a mission of clearing extremists in  South Gondar and Gojjam annihilated 472 extremists in a coordinated operation and wounded 302 [others].”

From what is said the operations were carried out over a course of one week until Friday this week. 

One of those killed during the operation was, the defense continues to claim, Yabebal Kindu who was a commander in Lay Gaynt area of South Gondar. Another commander  “killed” is Wube Yekoye.

At the time of this writing, no Fano forces or media outlets remarked on the Defense force claim. The name could not be independently verified. 

Furthermore, it said it is coordinating with “the region’s security structure” and “intensifying the campaign” against Fano forces has declined to accept the “peace option.”

In Gojjam, the statement said there was operation in Shebel Berenta, Bezaba, Arbbisi Megenteya, Sinqe Bahir Zaf, Geray, Beding Baar, Borabur, and Key Afer. 

Apart from claims of killing hundreds of Fano forces, which the defense force call “extremists” as highlighted above,  it said it has seized 55 AK47, 760 AK47 ammunition, 10 grenades, 17 bullet magazines, among others. 

Bure, Bichena, Rebu Gebeya, Woyra, Amnuel. Felege, Finote Selam, Hondash, Geray, Abesen, Kuche, Mankusa, jiga, Tana Beles areas are also mentioned in the defense forces statement as areas where there was an operation. 208 of those killed were in these areas, it further added. 

Last week, the Fano forces both in Gojjam and Gondar areas were reporting significant military gains from a series of offensives for several days. In Gojjam, it has been nearly a week since Fano forces reported that they have launched “Operation Martyr” in over 18 locations in that part of Amhara region. 

The Ethiopian Defense Force was given a mission to disarm Fano forces within a few weeks. After well over two years, the Defense Forces is still undertaking military campaigns. Based on reports from multiple sources, the government claim that it is on a campaign claim does not seem to reflect reality on the ground.  

__

Support Borkena  : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/

Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena

Like borkena on Facebook

To submit Press Release, send submission to info@borkena.com

Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory  

Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter)  @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly. 

advertisment

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here