“It is not possible to stop Fano’s struggle by massacring civilians,” Fano

Borkena
Toronto – Ethiopian Defense Force allegedly executed at least eight civilians in Antsokia Gemza district of North Shoa.
In a statement released on Monday, “Shewa Teklay Gizat Command” of Fano forces said the civilians were taken out of their homes and executed in the locality of “Fecho Megenteya.”
Daily laborers and elders among those executed, the group announced.
The Fano group accused government forces of deliberately targeting civilians. They claim that the government forces are retaliating to the defeat they suffered by massacring civilians.
“It is not possible to stop Fano’s struggle by massacring civilians,” Fano said.
Government forces went home to home, knocked on doors, dragged the residents and executed them in a shocking manner, according to Fano forces account as reflected in the statement they released.
The statement also indicated that a father and son, and siblings are among the victims.
The Ethiopian Defense Force has been denying that it is not targeting civilians in the war against Fano forces. However, reputable human rights organizations both in the country and abroad have been reporting recurring extrajudicial killings and drone attacks against civilians in the Amhara region of Ethiopia over the past two years.
The Ethiopian Human Rights Commission released an annual report last month and it has confirmed that civilians have been targeted in the conflict.
However, the Commission denied drone attacks against civilians – a recurring incident that has been making headlines in news outlets in the country and the mainstream media as well.
Support Borkena : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/
Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena
Like borkena on Facebook
To submit Press Release, send submission to info@borkena.com
Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory
Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly.