
Borkena
Toronto – Amhara Fano National Force (AFNF) on Tuesday said it has ambushed two military trucks with Commando forces.
In a brief statement it shared on its social media page, it said that trucks were carrying Airborne Commando forces of 101 Core of the Defense Force.
Furthermore, it added that it was heading to Merha Bete Alem Ketema from Rema when the Fano forces ambushed it in Agerit Kubama Kebele locality in the Shoa area. The operation was around 11 a.m , according to AFNC.
AFNF added South Amhara zone Asamenew Command military commander, Fitawurari Bayu, led the special operation. It was members of a special operation unit of the Fano forces that were deployed for the mission.
They are claiming to have annihilated the commando forces. Borkena was unable to verify this from independent sources. The specific number of casualties is unspecified. Fano has not specified if there was causality on its part.
However, AFNF stated that a detailed coverage of the incident will be shared to the public.
The Ethiopian government has restrictions on access to information to media outlets. The Defense Force is also inaccessible except for outlets that are state-owned or state affiliated media (including on youtube)
It has not remarked on the claim either at the time of this writing.
In a related development, the East Amhara Zone Menelik Command of the AFNF on Tuesday said that it has controlled the town of Estaysh in North Wollo. Government forces suffered blowing loss in these area in late September, and the had been a retaliatory drone strikes.
It said in the morning of Tuesday (November 4) government forces who were heading to Gashena from Estaysh were attacked. It has claimed to have killed and wounded government forces.
Over 10 government soldiers are reportedly killed, and many more wounded. Those wounded are reportedly taken to Gashena.
However, it is unspecified if there was causality on the part of Fano.
On the other hand, government militia forces and defense forces are making counter-claims of significant military gains.
The Defense Force announced on Tuesday, on its social page, that it has “annihilated the extremist group” in Tselebet locality in North Wollo and seized a motor bike and several fire arms.
Both claims are not independently verified.
__
Support Borkena : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/
Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena
Like borkena on Facebook
Borkena Ethiopian News Youtube Channel
To submit Press Release, send submission to info@borkena.com
Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory
Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly.