HomeNews"Security structure in the region dismantled ," Fano claims 

“Security structure in the region dismantled ,” Fano claims 

Fano _ Amhara _ Ethiopia
Fano has been training several rounds of new combatants in the region (Photo : from the web/file)

Borkena

Toronto – Fano forces are claiming that they have dismantled the security structures across the Amhara region of Ethiopia. 

A statement from public relations of Fano Organization, which Ethiopian Media Services aired on its Saturday broadcasting, highlighted what the Amhara people went through since the deployment of mechanized forces to the region about two years ago.

Fano made the claim that it had dismantled the security structure 10 days after it announced “operation unity.” It is a military operation across all the areas of the Amhara region and at the same time.  The defense force is said to have suffered severe losses but the numbers from all the areas where there was a battle is unspecified. It is reported that Fano forces too have suffered casualties but again numbers are unspecified. 

Furthermore, the statement said that Fano is now controlling “over 90 percent of the region.”  The development is seen as something that busts  “government propaganda”  that Fano forces are eliminated from many areas of the region. According to the statement, Fano administrative structures are established in the controlled areas. 

The Ethiopian Defense Force has not not remarked on the latest claim of Fano’s takeover of 90 percent of the region. However, last week, it made claims that it had reversed “Operation unity.” which it linked to General Megebe Haile, a TPLF general. Fano forces deny that no TPLF leader was involved in the planning of the operation. 

Fano forces have also announced this week that the task of forming a single Fano Amhara organization across the region is almost complete, as Marshet Tsehahu, spokesperson for Gojjam Fano, told EBS earlier this week. 

Notably, this week the region disclosed that tens of thousands of militia forces completed basic training. However, there are concerns, according to the local news sources, that they would desert to the Fano camps. There has been precedent that hundreds of militia forces have  shifted sides to Fano over the past two years after deployment for military operations.  

Another key development in the wake of reported Fano military breakthrough in the region is that Arega Kebede , head of the regional administration,  has called for a negotiation with Fano forces in any European country. The challenge is that the rebels operating in the region do not seem to be interested in negotiation with the regional government if they are 

There is also a credible report, from local sources like Ethio Focus News, that Arega has tendered resignation as disagreement is heighted from within the government structure. However, his decision is said to be related to medical reasons, the detail of which is unknown at this point.  

__

Subscribe  : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/ 

Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena

Like borkena on Facebook

Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory  Business Listing Toronto 

Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter)  @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly.  Subscribe to YouTube channel To share information or for submission, send e-mail to info@borkena.com

advertisment

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here