
Borkena
Toronto – Three civilians are reportedly killed this week in Alamata town and over 40 businesses are torched. Gunmen operating in the town are said to be behind the attack.
Two of the victims were reportedly “shot with many bullets as they came out of their stores,” while the third person was killed due to the fire incident.
Borkena reporter based in Addis Ababa confirmed from sources that the incident took place on Monday around 8 p.m. local time. It happened in the locality of 02 kebele near “Adebabayu.”
Sources told Borkena mobile phone shops, apparel and cosmetic shops are damaged in the area where the gunmen opened fire in the town.
They reportedly torched stores after opening fire.
Residents are cited as saying “TPLF’s gunmen are in Alamata town.”
The Federal Police or defense force did not respond to the gunfire from the gunmen, it was said. They are cited as saying that they were not given orders to respond to the fire. There had been similar responses in the past from both security forces.
A resident of Alamata who spoke to a borkena reporter on condition of anonymity said that “the gunmen torched the stores with fire after looting them.”
Notably, the TPLF has a territorial claim over Raya Alamata, as is the case with Wolkait and Humera.
Meanwhile, Tigray interim president Tadesse Worede this week said “there is a cloud of war.” However, he was not explicit about the parties that would be involved in conflict. It is, however, presumed that TPLF is planning to go to war against the Federal government with alleged support from Eritrea.
__
Support Borkena : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/
Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena
Like borkena on Facebook
To submit Press Release, send submission to info@borkena.com
Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory
Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly.