The party confirmed that victims were locked in their own houses and burned live

borkena
Toronto – Enat Party, one of the opposition parties in Ethiopia, on Saturday condemned the horrifying massacre of over 38 civilians in the East Shoa zone.
In a statement it released it said it has been more than three decades since ethnic based politics caused the massacre of “our people” and that the intensity and cruelty of the massacre has been worsening from time to time over the past five or six years. It said it is something that “people of our country” and the international community that opted for silence know very well.
Making a reference to the latest string of attacks in Dugda district of East Shoa, the statement from the party said that over 38 citizens were locked while they were in their own houses and burned to death. The party said it learned about it from residents of the area. There are also people who are still missing and victims whose body is not yet recovered.
It has also confirmed that the incident occurred last Wednesday between 8:30 p.m. and midnight and that Oromo Liberation Army gunmen are linked to it.
A six months old infant, woman, children, disabled and elders among the victims, it said.
The party seem to see horrifying massacres like these as part of measures that political forces take to achieve “a political goal” or “maintain a political power”
It said “Enat Party has repeatedly called for the need for our country to extricate itself from [such] measures to achieve a political goal as well as maintaining power, and resolve problems through roundtable negotiation, and for all the parties to make themselves ready for it.”
It also underscored that massacres like these by armed groups constitute war crimes and highlighted the inevitability of accountability for the loss of every citizen’s life once the country transitions from this system and gets back its soul.
“If we are not helping our poor people out of this problem, let live with all the problems at least until a better day comes,” the Enat party pleaded – apparently to the ruling.
A report from VOA Amharic, published on Saturday, pointed out that most of the victims were ethnic Amhara and ethnic Gurage. Yet, there have been reports earlier this week that the government is moving to disarm ethnic Amhara farming community members in areas that are vulnerable to OLA gunmen in other parts of Oromia region.
There have been accusations from different quarters that the militant group in Oromia region of Ethiopia gets clandestine support from government bodies.
The latest string of horrifying attacks came at a time when the federal government and Oromia region government are claiming the defeat of the armed group in the region.
Oromia regional
__
Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena
Like borkena on Facebook
Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory
Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly. Subscribe to YouTube channel To share information or for submission, send e-mail to info@borkena.com
This is when we should all unite and condemn such barbaric act perpetrated against innocent civilians. I just talked to one of my relatives in the capital and I was told that the killing was definitely carried out by those thugs organized in a group that billed itself as a liberation front of my proud Oromos. There is no question about it. What I was told is the official of the district who is an Oromo himself was said to be firms against the OLA and he was their worst nightmare. He knew their number on the field and they had tried to take him out several times before and they failed losing so many of their thugs. It seems his luck ran out and they successfully took him out and many of his riflemen. Then they went into the homes of the residents and murdered and shot everyone in their sights. Victims included from several ethnic backgrounds and mostly those who owned small shops.
This must be reported to the UN and ICC. It is an outright crime against humanity and the US State Department should designate OLA a terrorist organization. But watch now these bigots among us to come out and tell us that this crime was committed solely on Oromos by the government forces or better yet by Neftegnas. You watch. I bet you they are doing that on their social media and other mumbling forums already. Others will tell us this repugnant and barbaric massacre was carried on Amharas only. That is why I don’t always believe what I read on our websites. I am lucky enough to have merchant relatives who made the capital their residence and setting shops there since the late 1960’s after moving Western Hararghe. They are my verifiers.
The perpetrators of this heinous atrocity must be held accountable. They have no brain. They are not humans. If the OLA did this, they should not only be identified as terrorists but also pursued and locked behind bars for eternity.
Full support to any armed organizations fighting these barbaric criminals who are burning innocent civilians alive.