The TPLF says it is ready for a solution from peaceful negotiation

Borkena
Toronto – Days after reinstating the pre-war regional council and swearing in its chairman Debretsion Gebremicael, The Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) on Thursday announced that it is “ready for unconditional Negotiation.”
It said so in a statement it released on Wednesday in response to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia.
The Ministry recently accused the TPLF of “collaborating with the government of Sudan to destabilize the region.”
The TPLF denied the allegation. It said, “we categorically reject these accusations.” It sees them as “indicative of a recurring pattern of deflection through disinformation.”
In what appears to be a checkmate move, the TPLF this week announced that the pre-war regional council is reinstated. The move came weeks after the Federal government extended the terms of office of Tadesse Worede as president of the Interim administration.
The TPLF rejected the extension, as reported by borkena, claiming that it “violates ” the Pretoria Agreement which ended the two years bloody war in November 2022.
The reassertion of the regional government is backed by Military force. The Organization is believed to have over 200,000 armed forces.
Tadesse Worede declined TPLF demand to hand over the administration saying “there is nothing to handover.”
He also said that the TPLF move is undesirable and could bring about conflict to the region again.
So far The Federal government is not acting to reverse the development in the region and defend Tadesse Worede’s administration. New unconfirmed reports from local sources indicate that the TPLF has already restricted Tadesse Worede’s movement in Mekelle.
There were also credible reports the Ethiopian Airforce Fighter jets were spotted in the skies of Mekelle.
Federal defense force claims finalization of preparation to respond to TPLF’s action. On Thursday, the Deputy Defense Chief of Staff, Abebaw Tadesse, visited the North West Command as the tension in the region is rising. He remarked, “the North West Command is in a ready posture to respond to attack from any direction.”
Apart from the TPLF possible military move, Sudan is vowing to respond to alleged “drone attack” from Ethiopia which the latter denied.
Meanwhile, apart from diplomatic efforts to avert war, religious leaders are calling for a peaceful resolution to escalation. On Wednesday, Ethiopian Orthodox Church Patriarch Abune Mathias called on political leaders at all levels not to be ruthless on the people and resort to peaceful ways of solving problems.
__
Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena
Like borkena on Facebook
Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory
Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly. Subscribe to YouTube channel To share information or for submission, send e-mail to info@borkena.com
Now, who is telling the truth?