HomeNewsEthiopian Defense Force claims operations in North Gojjam, South Gondar "successful"

Ethiopian Defense Force claims operations in North Gojjam, South Gondar “successful”

Brigadier General Addisu Mohammed _ Ethiopian Defense Force
Brigadier General Addisu Mohammed (Photo : Ethiopian Defense Force)

Borkena

Toronto – The Eastern Command of the Ethiopian Defense Force on Monday claimed that its military operations in North Gojjam and South Gondar were successful.

“The Eastern Command Corps operation in North Gojjam and South Gondar attained successful implementation by eliminating leaders of the extremists group and their collaborators,” it claimed in an Amharic news release it shared on its social media page.

It came a day after the Fano Forces reported a major military gain in the towns in Adet and Gonji in Dega Damot area of Gojjam. The rebels claimed to have decimated over 300 government forces and captured well over 50 government forces and seized massive firearms.  An army colonel was also captured from the operation whose video clip has been circulating on social media. 

The Defense Force is claiming the military gain from the same locations in Gojjam – Konji Kolela and Adet. It said it has eliminated Shaleka Shewaneh Mulugeta whom it described as operation head of “extremists” , Hamsa Aleka Zekarias  and Yinager Tegegne. 

Furthermore, the defense force claimed that it has killed military leaders “whose names and army divisions are not known.” 

Brigadier General Addisu Mohammed, commander of Eastern Command Corps, made clams that the “extremist group” forces are decimated in North Mecha, Yilma ena Densa, Konji Kollela , Bahir Dar areas and South Gondar. 

He also claimed that firearms, of an unspecified number, had been seized from the operations in these areas. As well, four vehicles that the rebel forces have been using are seized – according to the Defense Force. 

Fano forces have not remarked on the latest claim of the Ethiopian Defense Force.  

However, Asres Mare Damtie, one of the Fano leaders, wrote on his social media page that “the regime” abducted the families of Fano Tazebew Seye, who captured the colonel in the Adet/Gonji operations.  

He said Tasebew’s siblings Getnet Seye, Tiruwork Seye(with her four months old baby boy) and brother-in-law Shemeles Teshale were “abducted” from Bahir Dar city. 

__

Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena

To Support Borkena  : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/ – one time support or small monthly options available. Inquire information about it : info@borkena.com

Like borkena on Facebook

To submit Press Release, send submission to info@borkena.com

Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory  

Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter)  @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly.

advertisment

1 COMMENT

  1. There we go! What did I tell you? The beauty contest among the goons has been in full swing. Now it is the ENDF’s turn. But this repugnant competition does not hide one glaring and heart wrenching fact. The future of that country, the youth, is being used as cannon fodder by all sides. Who is next? Watch the dreadlock stylist Rastaman to come out blazing with record breaking battlefields spoils. Then that will be followed by the dirty dancers in the Amhara region. Then back with ENDF. So it goes!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here