Ethiopian Bible is the oldest and complete bible on earth : Ancient Origine

Ancient Origine
Published on June 3, 2016

Oldest Bible on earth - source Ancient origine
Written in Ge’ez an ancient dead language of Ethiopia it’s nearly 800 years older than the King James Version and contains 81-88 books compared to 66. It includes the Book of ENOCH, Esdras, Buruch and all 3 Books of MACCABEE, and a host of others that was excommunicated from the KJV.

World’s first illustrated Christian bible discovered at Ethiopian monastery

The world’s earliest illustrated Christian book has been saved by a British charity which located it at a remote Ethiopian monastery.

The incredible Garima Gospels are named after a monk who arrived in the African country in the fifth century and is said to have copied them out in just one day.

Beautifully illustrated, the colours are still vivid and thanks to the Ethiopian Heritage Fund have been conserved.

Abba Garima arrived from Constantinople in 494 AD and legend has it that he was able to copy the gospels in a day because God delayed the sun from setting.

Please read full story on Orthodox Christianity

Editor’s note :This post is updated June 30,2018 so as to link the story to OrthoChristian.com as the initial link to “Ancient Origine” shows error page.

72 Responses to "Ethiopian Bible is the oldest and complete bible on earth : Ancient Origine"

1. Keith   March 18, 2018 at 11:30 am

It’s not the oldest Bible. It’s the oldest illustrated Bible.

• Ephantus   April 23, 2018 at 5:19 am

Right to correct

• Mike   July 26, 2018 at 3:57 pm

So what is the oldest bible then?

• Frank Willow   December 19, 2020 at 7:22 pm

The actually Oldest “Bible” is contained in the Sumerian Cuneiform Tablets. The Oldest/Civilization/Writing/1stStoryOfCreation/OfBrotherly’Fights’/GardenInEdin/TheFlood/FirstPlow/FirstWheel&Chariot/FirstGovernment&Rights…etc. The Archaeological/Scientific world knows this–without reservation.

• ALTONETTE Y. STONE   August 13, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Keith, do a bit more research. The ancient Ethiopian Bible is the Oldest and most Complete Bible on Earth. It was written centuries before the Greek and Latin Bibles.

Tonet

2. Timothy Arellano   June 5, 2018 at 5:27 am

Where can I buy one?

3. Eugene Fynn   June 15, 2018 at 8:48 pm

I would like a copy of the old Ethiopian Bible.
    How can i get one.
    email-eugene.fynn.sa@gmail.com
    cell +642102528799

4. Ephraim   June 27, 2018 at 10:59 pm

Please where can I buy one of this bible

5. yabsira   September 19, 2018 at 4:58 am

there are many and they are different also there is a bible that have every Disease with its cure and also there is a bible that tales the future of the world but you cant gate it

6. Coyote   October 7, 2018 at 10:06 am

Where can I buy that bible

7. R Clarkson   December 31, 2018 at 8:55 am

Why can you not get that bible

8. Ivarave   January 12, 2019 at 3:48 am

Where can dis bible be sold (oldest bible)

• Cory B Brown   January 10, 2020 at 3:24 am

There is a book about the Garima Gospels, entitled “The Garima Gospels Early illuminated gospel books from Ethiopia” by Judith S. McKenzie and Francis Watson. It is published by Manar Al-Athar, University of Oxford. Here are some quotes from the introduction, “The Garima Gospels are significant because of their early date, relative to other surviving illustrated gospel books from anywhere in Christiandom. ABBA Garima III is the earliest reliably dated gospel book which has survived with intact portraits of all four evanggelistsand decorated ‘canon tables’, based on Greek prototypes. Its parchment is dated to ca. AD 530-660? based on a single carbon-14 reading.” “The texts of the Garima Gospel are highly relevant to New Testament textual criticism, because they contain variants of the oldest translation of the gospels from Greek into Ge’ez, which remains the liturgical language of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. This translation dates back to the fifth century, and possibly the fourth century, when Christianity first became established in Ethiopia. Thus the carbon-14 dates make it closer in date to when the translation was done. They provide information about early decorated gospel books and late antique art in the eastern Mediterranean I’m a period for which we previously lacked such evidence.” This book was found in the monastery Enda Abba Garima, near Wukro In Northern Ethiopia near the ancient capital Axum. “The monastery, purportedly founded by an eponymous saint in the fifth to early sixth century AD, is located among tall verdant hills some 6 km east of the town of Adwa and a good days walk east of the ancient capital of Axum. The saint is numbered among the group of nine who, according to legend, entered Ethiopia from the Mediterranean world sometime in the late fifth or sixth century.”
      All that being said, the book does have reproductions of the beautiful paintings that make this an “illuminated” manuscript, but much to my dismay does NOT contain a full translation.

9. Fana   January 30, 2019 at 2:29 pm

I also want a copy

10. Eddie Habte Mekasha   February 15, 2019 at 10:15 am

Ethiopian Bible society distributes the major language versions of bibles in Ethiopia.Mekane-Yesus Book stores also distributes same.

11. Mama j   March 9, 2019 at 11:22 am

Hello Fam, I am interested in obtaining knowledge. I do not want to die for the lack of it. Where can I get the GEEZ or Ethiopian Bible hopefully untouched. 88 books. Good Day to you all.

12. Qilliam lee   March 10, 2019 at 1:19 am

Hi
    I would also love to purchase this 88 books Bible
    Please assist
    Thanks
    Yandi(S.Africa)

16. Nakara   April 5, 2019 at 10:24 am

I would not believe any book that originates from the Ashkenazi, or Sephardic “Jewish” {(ish); you either are, or you are not} people. I will continue my search with the Ethiopian bible.

Revelation 3:9 (KJV) Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

17. jon   April 12, 2019 at 6:00 am

It is not only the oldest illustrated bible. it is the second oldest bible period, aside from the Syriac Bible

18. alf   May 7, 2019 at 9:53 am

What authority has dated this codex?

19. Rotimi Akapo   May 24, 2019 at 5:37 am

I would like a copy of the old Ethiopian Bible.
    How can i get one.
    roteskee@gmail.com
    +2348085773327

20. Kendall Lewis   May 26, 2019 at 10:20 pm

If the Ethiopian bible is from the original attendants of the slaves led out of Egypt by moses then I want one, all I’ve ever had is the KJV I want to know the God of ABRAHAM ISSAC and JACOB more than I do now , I thirst for RIGHTEOUSNESS and dont want to die from the lack of knowledge

• ALTONETTE Y. STONE   August 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm

The ancient Ethiopian Bible is the oldest. King James the first English Bible was published thousands of years later. The Ethiopian Bible speaks of the same God of Abraham, Elijah, Moses, Joseph, David, and Sarah.

• Charles   March 14, 2020 at 3:47 am

The KJV (1611) was NOT the first English Bible translation but about the 20th in a long line of translations into English. You may find the Geneva 1560 a bit better as it doesn’t have Chruch bias.

21. Paul J Aguilar   July 28, 2019 at 10:34 am

I wish for a PDF copy sent to me If anyone has a version Please Label “Ethiopian Bible copy you asked for ”

The oldest copy only Please email to painterpaul@paintforce1.com

22. suresh   August 24, 2019 at 9:33 pm

The oldest copy only Please email to solomonsureshmp@gmail,com

23. Lydia   September 1, 2019 at 10:03 pm

I would also love to have a PDF copy if possible. The original oldest copy of it would be greatly appreciated.
    Email to: lydiad395@gmail.com

24. Valerie   September 2, 2019 at 1:49 pm

TRULY ALMIGHTY MOST HIGH GOD EVERLASTING ABBA FATHER – LOVE, IS EVER IN CONTROL. AS WE EARNESTLY SEEK GOD, GOD SHALL ALLOW US TO BE FOUND FOR OF A TRUTH THE AMAZING GRACE OF ALMIGHTY MOST HIGH GOD IS GREAT AND GREATLY TO BE PRAISED. PEACE, JOY AND MUCH MORE LOVE

25. Mars   September 3, 2019 at 3:05 pm

May please receive a copy. Mastersfrommars@gmail.com Thank you God bless

26. Dominiq Powell   September 17, 2019 at 7:11 pm

Why do the powers that be think they have the right to with hold the true word of God from the masses who want cement an intimate relationship with God? My relationship with God, they are normal men, God could not agree with what these people are doing and then expect to be save when they die.
    Please send me a copy of the Ethiopian bible.

27. Jerome   September 22, 2019 at 4:35 pm

When Isreal was lead into bondage, all gold, silver, livestock, clothes, riches, homes, including old scriptures of the Word Of Father was not left behind? Did those who arrived where once the children of Isreal, find what not belong to them? And placed upon themselves what had belong to the Isreal? Learned who Father was from scriptures to anounce themselves Isreal? Then who has the Scriptures, if they had not been left behind after Isreal went into bondage? Were the Scriptures left behind in Isreal?

28. alleyah shalom   November 9, 2019 at 7:53 pm

sooo has anyone found it yet?

29. Nagid   November 11, 2019 at 2:48 am

I like a copy of The Ethiopian Bible. Thanks

30. Vanessa   November 22, 2019 at 9:32 am

I, too, would like a copy of the original Ethiopian Bible. I need to know His actual words.

31. Cathy White   December 9, 2019 at 8:34 am

I would like a copy of this Ethiopian bible in English please.

32. Laura Tempestini   December 14, 2019 at 8:51 pm

So where can we get an english version of an Ethiopian Bible?

33. Michael   December 23, 2019 at 8:12 pm

Could you please let me know how I can get a copy of this book to read. Of course in English. Grateful. Thanks

34. Aldinette Lockett   January 2, 2020 at 10:29 pm

I have the Tawahedo bible, but I believe it is incomplete. I have been looking for several decades for an English translation of the original Ethiopian Bible written in the Ge’ez liturgical language only spoken by the Ethiopian priesthood. Please let me know how I might obtain a copy in English and if their is a codex date associated with it. My email address is aldinette@outlook.com and please cc: aldinette@yahoo.com as well. I notice that this thread is really recent with the last post on December 23, 2019. I am hopeful and prayerful. Thank you.

35. Hennie Geldenhuys   February 6, 2020 at 12:54 pm

Wow would love a copy of the Ethiopian bible in English

36. Kate   February 14, 2020 at 7:17 pm

Maybe someone could leave a link if they find one? Thanks…
    I will if I find one

37. Theresa   February 16, 2020 at 1:17 pm

I’m in search of a fully translated Ethiopic bible. I feel God has lead me to search it out. He lead me to the book of Enoch and Jubilees. Now, I want the entire bible.

38. Yolanda Davis   February 22, 2020 at 8:29 pm

Incredible. Can anyone in this vast world tell us where can we obtain a copy of the Ethiopian Bible. Pdf .People perish for lack of knowledge? Why has this essential knowledge been hidden from us. Please email with instructions as to the steps which I need to take to obtain an Ethiopian Bible. Enjoy your day.
    Highest Regards, yogistrowel@gmail.com

• JayZ   April 30, 2020 at 1:59 pm

lol Yolonda! I’m with you. It’s 2020 and we don’t have an english translation??
      This sounds like a pretty important book for and truth seeker to have!

39. Account   February 23, 2020 at 1:35 pm

Hello all,

Apologies for being so late to reply to you all. I did take some time to speak to someone who could be knowledgeable about it. But he did not confirm if there is an English translation of the Ethiopian Church Bible ( it has 81 books as opposed to 66 which is widely used in the protestant world, among others). The Ethiopian Church bible is written in the ancient church language – Geez – which is still used in churches. There is also an Amharic translation of it. But I doubt if there is an English Translation. Today, I spoke to someone else to see if there is an English translation. And i am sure that he will get back to us. Thank you !

40. Bob   March 13, 2020 at 1:07 am

hmm oldest bible is Codex Vaticanus 300-325 AD en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Vaticanus#Contents

• Haimi   June 25, 2020 at 2:59 pm

It meant the oldest and the complete bible.

41. Rozanne Cairone   March 14, 2020 at 6:46 am

I found Ethiopian Bible is the oldest and complete bible on earth : Ancient Origine very educational.

I want to share with you how my children learned to love the piano: s96.me/ingenious-way-to-learn-piano-and-keyboard
    Kisses!! 🙂

42. Ron Matthews   May 19, 2020 at 11:20 am

I would like a English copy of Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo bible please!

43. JOSHUA   May 20, 2020 at 1:37 pm

I would Also like a copy of the Ethiopian bible in English version especially to get the lost book of Noah.

44. Nictika Warren   May 24, 2020 at 10:33 am

I would like a copy of the Ethiopian Bible in the English version. Please email me with information on how could I obtain it. Thank you,

45. Aaron   June 9, 2020 at 2:59 am

ask Bro Eli Soriano/ The Old Path

46. Apiwe   June 21, 2020 at 5:18 pm

“saved by a British charity” saved from who?? Surely it must’ve been safe for it to have lived this long while others couldn’t.

47. Fikirte   June 21, 2020 at 10:59 pm

Hi everyone!
    I just saw your repeated query about where to get the complete Ethiopian bible and wanted to give you some possible addresses. I am not sure the entire 81 canonical books have been translated in to English as one compiled book by the EOTC or affiliated organisations, but all of the so called “apocryphal” books like the book of Enoch, Ezra(Ezdras), etc have been translated into several European languages including English, German, Latin and so on by prominent Travellers and explorers like James Bruce who came to Ethiopian in the name exploring and stole them books and translated them. The right way for you to get an authentic translation in my view is to visit either the official website of the Ethiopian orthodox tewahido church website(EOTC) or the website of the affiliated organization called Mahbere kidusan(MK). Google these two names and you will find their website and from that you can look at and copy the list of the 81canonical books and individually download those that are not in the average Western bible(66). And MK has a customer service, that may help you.

BTW, Ethiopian Bible is not only the most complete but the oldest too.
    Good luck!

• Admin   June 22, 2020 at 12:04 pm

Dear Fikrete,
      Thank you for the information!

• Haimi   June 25, 2020 at 3:08 pm

As an Ethiopian orthodox Christian I want to correct you on what you said about Geez. It is not a dead language. It is a language that the Ethiopian orthodox church uses at the present day. It’s thought in different schools in Ethiopia and in some unis. There’s even a uni in Germany that has thought Geez for more than decades. And the complete version of the Ethiopian orthodox Bible is 81 chapters not 81-88 chapters.

For Catholics their Bible has 73 or 75 chapters.

For Protestants 66 chapters.

For orthodox Christians 81 chapters.

48. A.L Higgins   June 25, 2020 at 12:07 pm

My People are Destoryed for The lack of Knowledge has coined a New Understanding of the intented meaning for me…. Exhaled Thank you!

49. Haimi   June 25, 2020 at 2:42 pm

As an Ethiopian and an orthodox Christian, I’d like to correct you on what you said about Geez. Geez is not a dead language. It is the present day language of the Ethiopian orthodox church world wide and there are even schools and unis that teach Geez. There’s even a uni in German that has been teaching Geez for more than decades. And the oldest Bible has 81 chapters not 81-88 chapters.

50. Haimi   June 25, 2020 at 3:10 pm

And it wasn’t saved by a british charity.

51. Clerinah   July 14, 2020 at 5:22 pm

Interesting. How can i get a copy? My email is clerinahamamina1988@gmail.com

52. Noritha   July 19, 2020 at 8:35 am

Thank you Haimi for the corrections. But are you able to help us all here as to where we can get a copy of the Ethiopian Bible?(English Version). Thank you.

53. Sue   July 20, 2020 at 3:10 pm

I would like a copy of the Ethiopian orthodox bible translated in English. Where can I buy one?

54. Lawrence Crenshaw   September 25, 2020 at 7:50 am

I’m planning a trip to Ethiopia for research on my next book and was wondering if you could assistance me with addition information

55. Terry Wight   October 4, 2020 at 5:26 pm

The sixty six books of the king james Bible are supported by ancient manuscripts dating back to the fourth and fifth centuries AD. These reliable ancient sources do not support any of the so-called missing books, nor do they contain even a small portion of the “missing books” within their pages.

56. Felicia Johnson   October 13, 2020 at 6:52 am

Nice info.!! Thanks

57. karl krause   October 30, 2020 at 6:26 pm

Please send me this awesome Bible

58. Marie   November 7, 2020 at 12:18 pm

Thank you for this thread. I too am willing and want a translation to English of the Ge ez language with the 100 books of the Ethopian Bible pdf. I found this today and am forwarding it off the internet. It is only the Torah portion. Please if you find the others books post, as I will keep checking this for a complete pdf copy my friends in search of God’s true word.

rastafarigroundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ethiopictorahgeezenglishbilingualoldtestamentbible-octateuch.pdf

59. Aquilia   November 14, 2020 at 1:46 am

Its amazing so many want to make it to heaven into the light, into the kingdom .
    If you dont find the bible you still can make it to heaven.
    God is the God that sees and judges our heart ..if we can genuinely love everyone without judgment, if we can feel the pain of others and go out of our comfort zone to help the needy ,if we talk about God his saving love and sacrifice, just so someone can be in the light
    If we can be humble and money, wealth and today’s life style and status means zero to us …if all we care is to be on the right path and lead others to it.
    And when all the above is done not with the intention to only be saved ..
    But all the above done jus coz you really love God ,his people,his light ,his kingdom .
    God will see the true u in your heart and only then ,if you are full of love ,your actions are actions of love you will make it to him to his loving abode

Wish yourll all an understanding.

60. nisha gooch   December 7, 2020 at 5:06 pm

I want to read it. Is there somewhere I can buy it

61. Dj   December 27, 2020 at 4:06 am

So happy to have found this site. After some recent revelations I would love to have a copy or even travel there to read it for myself. If you know you know.