HomeEthiopian NewsFano Forces report a military gain in Gojjam, Gondar 

Fano Forces report a military gain in Gojjam, Gondar 

Fano _ Ethiopian News

Borkena News Desk 

TORONTO, Canada The Fano Forces on Thursday reported a military gain in Gojjam and Gondar areas of the Amahra region of Ethiopia.

In a post on Facebook, Asres Mare Damtie, Head of Amhara Fano National Movement (AFNM), reported the Tedwodros Command, 201 corps “undertook impressive military Gallant deed” near Gunde Weyne, Goncha, Gojjam. 

The operation was in Enesea district.  It said it launched an attack on the militia and police forces that were stationed near Chemo and Buza towns around 5:00 a.m. 

22 militia and police forces were reportedly killed. 20 others were wounded and some of them are reported to be in a life-threatening condition.  The report has released lists of those killed or wounded in the attack. 

On Wednesday, a similar news release was shared on social media in which the number of casualties on the part of government forces was indicated as 61 including anti-riot forces. 

The nature of the operation appears to be a surprise attack. 

The news report Asres Mare shared did not specify if there were casualties on the part of Fano forces.  A picture of what was reported as seized firearms was shared along with the same post. 

The Amhara regional state of Ethiopia has not remarked on the latest report. 

In a related development, Fano forces claimed that they killed 40 government forces in the central Gondar Armachiho area. The operation was in the Tikil Dengia area, according to a report by Ethio News- a reputable youtube news outlet with links to sources in the areas where fano forces operate. Earlier this week, they featured a phone interview with Asres Mare Damite. 

While the Ethiopian Defense Force has not remarked on the latest military gain from Fano forces, it has been making its own claims that it has significantly weakened  “extremist” forces in the recent operation in Amhara region, particularly Gojjam area. Let. General Mohammed Tesemma, commander of the Eastern Command of the Ethiopian Defense Force, was recently featured on state owned media outlets. 

The claims from both sides are not independently verified.   

__

Join our Telegram Channel: t.me/borkena

Like borkena on Facebook

Join the conversation. Follow us on X (formerly Twitter)  @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian news updates regularly.  Subscribe to the YouTube channel. To share information or for submission, email info@borkena.com

advertisment

4 COMMENTS

  1. So, we are talking about Amharas (fano) killing Amharas (militia/police)

    How is that in anyway a ‘military gain’ for Fano?

  2. Fano never kill Amharas but maybe could kill those traitor amharas who are a paid Bandas!and Badas! The solution is the Regime’s army should silence the gun, leave the Amhara region, and make peace with Fano! So that the killing of Humans and domestic animals by the Regime forces also stops! And then, Fano also stops killing whomsoever…

  3. I thought the beauty contest is over. My mistake! Hey Rastaman wannabe in Western Wallagaa! You should be next. Somebody is stealing your thunder. But my Itu army is already in Addis/Finfinnee and everybody knows that by now. The Republic of Ituenia has been a member of The UN in Tasmania since August 1, 2027.

  4. Orthodox population reducing started by anti Christian Shabia and Tplf (?who want to bring queen Saba Axum era with pegannism and Judaism) and continuing with Wahabi and Protestant pp! Told , Shabia and pp eliminating true Ethiopia Orthodox for Egypt, Wahabi Wester colonisation! Satanism doing its work against Orthodos for depopulation. That is why pp after giving off Ethiopia to foreign corporation, pp is guaranteed protection and went on killing spree of Orthodox

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here