Ethiopian Defense Force has not remarked about it

Borkena
Toronto – Fano Forces on Tuesday reported another military gain this time in the West Wollo area of the Amhara region.
Amhara Fano National Force (AFNF) said “The East Amhara Zone Menelik Command has killed over 75 government militia including commanders following a few days of operation.”
Michael Ali Core Division of Menelik Command is cited as saying that it had four consecutive days of military operation in the Mekane Selam area of west Wollo. “Key commanders of the enemy’s military forces were annihilated.”
Shambel Haile, head of borena militia office, Seid Abye head of Mekane selam militia office head, Aregaw Kibret, another militia commander, were among those killed in the operation.
AFNF has also disclosed that ” a body of senior enemy leadership was found in the river side of Maqdela Amba University.” The body was collected under the cover of intense gunfire, it was said. However, the identity of this high ranking official was unspecified.
West Wollo was one of the Amhara regions where there had been sporadic but intense fighting between Fano forces and government soldiers for over two years now.
The Tilahun Fantaw Brigade of the Fano Forces operating in west Wollo was reportedly encircling Anti-riot forces’ camp in the latest operation, according to the statement from AFNF.
In Mekane Selam, also in West Wollo, Defense force soldiers have been killed in Segno Gebeya locality but their numbers are unspecified. Also, AFNF did not specify if there were casualties on the part of Fano forces. The operation in this locality was led by Engineer Degnalegne Assefa Division of the Menelik Command in the region.
Government forces have allegedly torched a residential house in Tewa locality and killed a woman. Other family members (whose number is unspecified) sustained injuries from the fire.
Overall significant forces of Division 23 Anti-riot which was in the Mekane Selam area are reportedly “annihilated.” At least 45 are said to be killed from the operation and several others wounded.
The Ethiopian Defense Force has not remarked about the Fano claims in West Wollo. AFNF disclosed the military gains in the area days after the Fano forces claimed to have killed over 470 government soldiers and captured more than 170 in North Wollo.
As reported in the past few days, the Defense Force carried out multiple drone strikes in North Wollo in an apparent response to the alleged devastating military loss. Pro-government media outlets, including on YouTube, and activists linked the loss in North Wollo Eritrean forces and TPLF involvement. However, Fano dismissed the claim, as Fano Asrese Mare told Anchor Media, the claim a lie which it says is natural to the ruling Prosperity Party.
__
Support Borkena : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/
Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena
Like borkena on Facebook
To submit Press Release, send submission to info@borkena.com
Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory
Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly.