
Borkena
Toronto – Fano forces operating in the South Gondar, Amhara region of Ethiopia claim to have a “successful” clandestine operation.
Local news sources cited Fano leaders from the region to report that the incident took place in Woreta, Fogera district, around 7:30 P.M. local time.
Zone level government officials and anti-riot forces commanders were gathered at Mesere Hotel when a Fano operative exploded a grenade targeting the officials and anti-riot police force commanders, Ethio News reported.
Two of the ruling prosperity party officials, whose name is unspecified, reportedly died at the scene and the remaining were wounded, some with life threatening condition. Again no detail is provided as the identities of those who are said to be wounded.
No reported casualty on the part of Fano forces.
The Ethiopian government has not remarked on the incident at the time of this writing. It has been the case over the past two years that Abiy Ahmed’s government avoided remarking on fano claims.
Access to information to journalists is restricted except for youtube channel media outlets and activists supporting the ruling party. The pattern as observed so far is that the government makes counter claims whenever Fano forces claim military gains often in locations other than where the Fano forces claimed victory – in what appears to be a move to diffuse the claims.
Meanwhile, a renewed intense fighting has been raging over the past two days in the Armachiho area of North Gondar, according to Ethio Focus news.
On the other hand, the Ethiopian Defense Force on Ethiopian Defense Force on Saturday said what calls “members of the extremist” group who were operating in Angolala Tera area of North Shao of Amhara region surrendered to the army.
It shared the pictures of about ten people and a considerably big collection of firearms, for the number of “extremists” in the picture, including machine guns.

The government makes claims that the “extremists” are “surrendering” due to the lesson “the defense force is giving” by taking a serious measure.
It has been months since the defense chief made claims that over 90 percent of the armed groups had been eliminated. Last month, the government launched what it called “operation tide” with the aim to “finish off” fano forces in the region by the end of June. It did not happen. Fano forces have been releasing new video footage allegedly from the latest counter offensives. The footage purportedly shows newly captured government soldiers.
Support Borkena : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/
Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena
Like borkena on Facebook
Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory Business Listing Toronto
Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter) @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly. Subscribe to YouTube channel To share information or for submission, send e-mail to info@borkena.com