HomeNewsMenelik Command of Amhara Fano Announces Leadership Adjustment 

Menelik Command of Amhara Fano Announces Leadership Adjustment 

Amhara Fano _ National Force _ News

Borkena

Toronto – Amhara Fano National Force (AFNF) East Amhara Zone Menelik Command on Tuesday announced that it held a leadership meeting. 

It was underway for about a week, according to Fano sources. 

The outcome of it was new appointments and adjustments to the Menelik command. Abebe Fantaw, head of the public relation, disclosed that “an administrative measure” without specifying it. 

It also evaluated strengths and weaknesses over the year. In terms of military activity, the command identified “Operation Adem Ali – Aba Nadew” – as a strong achievement.  

As well, Menelik Command said what it called “Fascist Prosperity Regime” deployed infantry and mechanized divisions as well as combat drones to disrupt the meeting. 

Undisclosed weak points were also identified and action areas adopted as part of the preparation for the next level of military operation. 

The adjusted organizational structure the command announced is composed of Audit and Inspection, military court, law and ethics council, Chairmanship,  Military advisor, military operation structure , and finance are among the newly adjusted structures 

Warkaw Mere Wodajo remains the chairperson of the command.

Notably, one member of Amhara Fano Popular Organization (AFPO), not to be confused with AFNF, leadership, Masresha Setie, surrendered to the government last week – an incident the government painted as a major decision on the part of AFPO and was projected as a “peace negotiation” in the presence of the African Union for which the continental organization was under extensive criticism.  

However, leaders of the AFPO, including Eskinder Nega,  issued a statement in the same week claiming Masresha was suspended from leadership and membership of the organization. He was found, with evidence, clandestinely communicating with the government, they said. 

Meanwhile, the government continues to claim military gain over the Fano forces in North Gondar. It also claimed that “Fano forces continue to surrender” in  a news release it shared on its social media page. 

__

Support Borkena  : https://borkena.com/subscribe-borkena/

Join our Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena

Like borkena on Facebook

Borkena Ethiopian News Youtube Channel

To submit Press Release, send submission to info@borkena.com

Add your business to Ethiopian Business Listing / Ethiopian Business Directory  

Join the conversation. Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter)  @zborkena to get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly.  

advertisment

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here