21 Ethiopian organizations based in the Diaspora made calls to resist “Oromumma.” They say the only way to end relentless slaughters of ethnic Amhara is to resist “Oromumma.”
Full statement from the organizations is featured below :
“Call for Resisting the Oromumma “Final Solution” To Save the Amhara and Ethiopian State
Washington D.C., 14 December 2022
The symbols of national unity and the pillars of Ethiopian nationalism, the Amhara, have been under relentless assault ever since a coalition of Tigray and Oromo elites constructed a polarizing system of ethnic federalism after capturing state power in 1991. The power struggle between the two anti-Ethiopian and anti-Amhara political groupings ended with the victory of the Oromo supremacist group in 2018 and the rise of Abiy Ahmed as the new autocrat in the style of Meles Zenawi.
Over the past four years, the executive branch of the Ethiopian Federal Government has obliterated the independence of the judiciary and the legislature. The autonomous federal cities of Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa have been ruled by vice-mayors appointed by the Prime Minister rather than mayors elected by the city councils. These cities have been subjected to organized looting of land, packing of government institutions (including the federal security services), and forced assimilation by the new Oromo ruling class and their cronies. More ominously, a huge ethnic militia was organized in the Oromo Regional State and the separatist Oromo Liberation Front (OLF) has been allowed to recruit a murderous army that has been terrorizing Amhara residents in Oromia and Beni Shangul, and various Southern people (such as the Gedeo, the Gurage, and the Annuak). These organized ethnic cleansing and genocide have been occurring with the egregious complicity of federal and regional officials and deliberately ignored by the conniving Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali.
At the same time, the Tigre People Liberation Front (TPLF,) committed treason against the Ethiopian National Defense Force in November 2020 and subsequently invaded the Afar and the Amhara Regional States in its bid to takeover Addis Ababa. In the process, close to a million lives were lost, millions uprooted, and property estimated in tens of billions of US dollars was looted or deliberately destroyed.
The dysfunctional behavior of the grossly incompetent and evil-minded group that currently rules Ethiopia in the name of the Oromo is puzzling. Instead of consolidating the peace in the Tigray Regional State, it has mounted yet another front of conflict in Addis Ababa – the seat of the Ethiopian Federal Government, the African Union (AU), and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UN-ECA.) The officials of the Oromo Regional State, their allies in the Addis Ababa City Government and the prime minister’s office are now requiring fluency in Oromiffa to obtain jobs, the raising of an ethnic Oromo regional flag and the imposing of an exclusionary ethnic anthem on Addis Ababa residents, three-fourths of whom are not Oromo. Furthermore, Oromo Regional Government has no constitutional authority over Addis Ababa.
The imposition of Oromo supremacy in the lives of every Addis Ababa resident as well as in the rest Ethiopia, aka Oromumma, is resulting in a breakdown of the rule of law and the alarming descent of the economy under the political mismanagement of the Oromo Prosperity Party. Resisting this Oromumma “Final Solution” ethnic apartheid madness calls for:
• All Addis Ababans and Dire Dawans to engage in a multifaceted resistance against massive land and government office grabbing, the subversion of federal symbols of national unity (including the schools,) and the takeover of City councils, police and other security forces by Oromo Regional State guardians.
• A concerted campaign to document and expose the genocidal acts, including the closure of roads to blockade escaping Amharas from Oromo Liberation Army terrorists aided by Oromo Regional Police and Special Forces to exterminate Amhara citizens – especially in East & West Wollega, Metekel, Derra, and Kemise.
• A concerted campaign to support and encourage citizens under persistent attack by politically motivated actors to engage in self-defense when the federal authorities fail to honor their solemn duty to support the rights of all Ethiopians to life and liberty.
• An organized economic boycott against leaders and organizations that commit crimes against humanity, ethnic cleansing and genocide to achieve political ends.
• Finally, an ignominious end to a government that thinks it can rule for long by deliberately fomenting one crisis after another. Support for such a government is tantamount to support for the demise of Ethiopia as we have known it.
1. Adwa Great African Victory Association (AGAVA)
2. All Shewa Ethiopian People Multipurpose International Association
3. The Amhara Association in Queensland, Australia
4. Amhara Dimtse Serechit
5. Amhara Well-being and Development Association
6. Communities of Ethiopians in Finland
7. Concerned Amharas in the Diaspora
8. Ethio-Canadian Human Rights Association
9. The Ethiopian Broadcast Group
10. Ethiopian Civic Development Council (ECDC)
11. Freedom and Justice for Telemt Amhara
12. Global Alliance for Justice – The Ethiopian Cause
13. Global Amhara Coalition
14. Gondar Hibret for Ethiopian Unity
15. Major Lemma Woldetsadik Memorial Foundation
16. Network of Ethiopian Scholars (NES)
17. Radio Yenesew Ethiopia
18. Selassie Stand Up, Inc.
19. Tinsae Le’Ethiopia
20. Vision Ethiopia
21. Worldwide Ethiopian Civic Associations Network (WE-CAN) “
To share information or for submission, send e-mail to email@example.com
Telegram Channel : t.me/borkena
Join the conversation. Follow us on twitter @zborkenato get the latest Ethiopian News updates regularly. Like borkena on Facebook as well. To share information or for submission, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Down with the Orommuma Ethnic Racist Apartheid regime in Ethiopia!!!!!!!!!!!1
Dr Abiy Ahmed is a racist ethno-fascist demagogue that played and gambled with innocent Ethiopian’s life to further his Orommum greedy and sinister agenda.
He went from the most adored and openly welcome leader to the the most disgraced and hated brutal criminal that entered the United States in the dark like a thief, hiding behind a cap, lid covering his head and eyes and pile of clothes so people will not recognize him.
ያማራ መሪ ተቆርቋሪ ነን የሚሉትን ሁሉ ዘብጥያ ማውረድ ነው፥፥ድሃው፤የሚሞተው እና የሚሰደደው አማራ አዛኝ ተቆርቋሪ ሳይሆን በስሙ የሚያቅራራ የሚቀላምድ እንጭቅ እንጂ የሚታገልለት አልነበረውም አሁንም የለውም፤፤ይባስ ብሎ ከጎረቤቶቹ ጋር የሚያናክሱት፤ዘረፉህ እያሉ የገዛ ወገናቸውን ንብረትና ሀብት ጭምብል ተከናንበው የሚዘርፉ በስሙ እየለመኑ ለግል ጥቅማቸው የሚያውሉ የበዙበት ድርጅት ወይም ሕብረት ቢኖር ያማራ ሕብረተሰብ ነው፤፤በቅርቡ አዋጡ ብለውን ገንዘብ አሰባስበን ስናበቃ ጭልፊቶቹ በሉት ተባለ፥፥ስማቸውን እንኳ አልነገሩንም፤፤ኦሮሞና ጉራጌ፤ቅማንትና አገው፤ጉምዝና ትግራይ እየገደላቹሁና እየዘረፋቹ እኛ ላይ መከራ አታምጡብን፥፥
ያማራ ስደትና ዕልቂት ይቁም አምሰግናለሁ፥፥
አብይ ካጠፋ – አብይን ነገ ለፍርድ ማቅረብ ነው! ዛሬ – ኢትዮጵያን ከጠላት ጥቃት መከላከል ነው!
Has anyone ever heard of these ‘Amaras’ helping those who fled ኦነግ ሸኔ? Isn’t this like tightening the noose on oneself for an ethnic over 15 million of whom live in Oromia?
Apparently, these ‘Amara organizations,’ ኦነግ ሸኔ, etc. have been using the Amaras in Oromia as a political career springboard and shortcut to power bypassing elections.
‘Oromuma’: Amaras benefited the most under Abiy:- 450 km of asphalt roads in Gojjam alone; >450 tractors/farms; industrial parks/factories; Abbay Bridge at Bahir-Dar; etc.
‘Amaruma’: What have the Pigs some call ‘Amara Rulers’ done for the average Amaras? Wasn’t even the Abbay/Dejen/Debre-Markos/Bahir-Dar/Gonder highway built by TPLF?
ኢትዮጵያ የአብይ የግሉ ንብረት አይደለችም! አብይን መዋጋት አስመስሎ – የአማራ ተቆርቋሪ ካባ ለብሶ – ኢትዮጵያን አምሶ – ለውጭ ጠላት ጥቃት ማጋለጥ – የኢትዮጵያ ጠላቶች ሥራ ብቻ ነው!
አብይ መራም/አልመራም – ወያኔ፣ የወያኔ ውሾች እና የወያኔ ምዕራባውያን ነብስ አባቶች – ለ27 ዓመታት ተብትበው የዘረጉትን መረብ – በትንሽ ጊዜ በጣጥሶ – ኢትዮጵያን ማበልፀግ አይቻልም!
It is laughable that all 21 groups are Amhara or claim to be one! And they all sound like Tplf– the agenda they push is similar to those of the Tplf. They are the only one that matter. I think they should first stop their pettiness and squabbling galore and focus on uniting the Agew, Debarq, Shinasha, Marqos, Qola, Metema, Addis, Welqayit, Raya, and so on. As far as their entitlement claims are concerned, I suggest that each should find a competent psychiatrist or an exorcist to detox themselves of those demons.
Alem what do you say about all those people who have been slaughtered in Welega in the name of AMARA? Have you done anything about it? They are not allowed to leave or stay, AMARAS are not allowed to enter to AddisAbaba too , have you asked why that have been done the Government who looks the other side when only the AMARA people are suffering?