The Ethiopian government on Wednesday disclosed that humanitarian aid organizations could fly to the Tigray region of Ethiopia.
It is Ethiopia’s State of Emergency Fact Check that announced the government decision. Aid agencies can fly to the region starting next Monday.
However, the Ethiopian government is not taking any responsibilities for any security related incidents.
The Federal government of Ethiopia withdrew troops from the region after it declared a unilateral ceasefire on June 28.
Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) has rejected it. Recent reports from local sources indicate that TPLF is extensively engaged in summary executions of civilians whom it says were cooperating with Tigray interim administration and the Ethiopian troops.
In Adigrat city alone, more that 200 people are reportedly killed after the withdrawal of government forces.
Last month, three Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) aid workers were killed in the region, and no entity took responsibility for it so far.
MSF said on Wednesday that it has suspended its humanitarian operation in Abi Adi, Adigrat and Aksum. It also called for an investigation into the killings of its staff.