• Mentewab Dawit Lebiso was forced to give her daughter up after she was raped
• Poverty stricken 31-year-old was attacked then fell sick after her baby was born
• Jolie adopted the daughter from Ethiopia believing she was an ‘Aids orphan’
• Now Mentewab tells Mail Online she desperately wants to speak to Zahara, 12
• Biological mother says she wants Jolie to get custody after love split with Brad
• Says she is not asking for her daughter back but wants the chance to talk to her
• Mentewab says she has had no letters, photos or money from Jolie since adoption
• ‘I just want her to know that I am alive and long to be able to speak with her’
Paul Thompson in Ethiopia For Mail Online
The natural mother of Angelina Jolie’s adopted Ethiopian daughter Zahara has made a heartfelt plea to the superstar actress telling her: ‘Please just let me talk to my daughter’.
Poverty stricken Mentewab Dawit Lebiso told Daily Mail Online she is desperate to be part of her 12-year-old daughter’s life – and called for Jolie to get custody of her daughter in the bitter split with Brad Pitt.
She dreams of one day meeting the girl she gave up as a tiny infant – but said she would settle for the chance to simply hear her voice.
‘I just want her to know that I am alive and here and long to be able to speak with her. I do not want my daughter back but just to be in contact with her and be able to call her up and talk with her,’ said Mentewab, who ekes out a living in Ethiopia.
Continue reading on The Daily Mail